This year marks the 50th anniversary for the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education—a remarkable achievement that we’ve attained because of visionary leaders in the past and the dedication of CAHME’s academic, healthcare, and corporate partners who believe in the value of healthcare management education and what it contributes to the health of our nation.
This summer, CAHME will celebrate this milestone with a special 50th anniversary celebration and panel discussion to be held on Tuesday, June 12 at the Loews Hotel in Philadelphia. Our panel discussion will bring together industry leaders and experts to explore the question: What three steps must CAHME, its accredited programs, and the profession take to ensure another 50 years of advancing the quality of healthcare management education?
Our panelists will include:
- Gerald Glandon, PhD, president & CEO of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration;
- Carla Smith, FHIMSS, executive vice president of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society;
- Richard Snyder, MD, chief medical officer of Independence Blue Cross;
- Rulon Stacey, PhD, FACHE, managing director of Navigant; and
- Christine C. Winn, FACHE, senior vice president of the MD Anderson Cooper Cancer Institute
I am also very grateful for the support of:
- The Dawn Gideon Foundation;
- The Association of University Programs in Health Administration;
- The Healthcare Planning and Marketing Society of New Jersey;
- University of Virginia Department of Public Health Sciences;
- Widener University’s MBA in Healthcare Management;
- The Healthcare Leadership Network of the Delaware Valley;
- The University of Scranton Masters in Health Administration;
- The University of Miami, Department of Health Sector Management and Policy
- Thomas C. Royer, MD.; and
- Temple University College of Public Health, Department of Health Administration and Policy.
Because of their generosity, this event is FREE and open to all attendees of the AUPHA Annual Meeting in Philadelphia and healthcare executives and healthcare management students in the greater Philadelphia region.
Registration is required and space is limited, so I hope you will register today.
President and CEO