As the holidays quickly approach, it’s a good time reflect on how CAHME enhanced the quality of graduate healthcare management education this past year. Key highlights include:
- Fifteen programs were reaccredited this year, and we welcome the newly accredited MHA Program at Suffolk University to the CAHME family. CAHME’s importance is evident in the growing number of programs in Candidacy and an increased interest in becoming CAHME accredited.
- Baylor Scott & White Health (Quality Improvement Education) and Canon Solutions America (Sustainability) joined Ascension (Leadership) and Cerner (Health Management Systems) in sponsoring the CAHME Awards program. These awards advance the importance of innovation and continuous quality improvement. CAHME will host the Awards Luncheon in conjunction with 2017 ACHE Congress on March 26, 2017, and the Award Winners will be featured in a full page ad in Modern Healthcare (our exclusive marketing sponsor).
- More than 5000 students from 66 CAHME programs are accessing Modern Healthcare’s classic access publications for their classes. More students now have better access to healthcare trends because of the generosity of Modern Healthcare and its publisher Fawn Lopez.
- The new Criteria for Accreditation were announced. In 2017, look for information on boot camps at ACHE Congress and at a future AUPHA event to provide guidance with the new criteria.
- We are thankful for our corporate members who continue their investment in the future healthcare leaders.
Finally, we should recognize our volunteers who serve on our Board, Accreditation Council, Standards Council, Committee Members, Faculty, Fellows and Site Visitors. Together with our staff, their dedication to further the mission of CAHME to advance the quality of healthcare management education reflects the highest level of giving…of themselves to better the delivery of healthcare services.
Anthony Stanowski, DHA, FACHE
President & CEO