One of the yearly highlights for CAHME is our annual Awards Luncheon where we recognize CAHME award, grant, and scholarship recipients. This year’s luncheon, held last weekend as part of the ACHE Congress in Chicago, highlighted future leaders of healthcare and celebrated excellence in advancing the quality of healthcare management education.
CAHME Award Recipients
Deb Bowen, President and CEO of ACHE, welcomed the attendees. ACHE was the event sponsor. Fawn Lopez, publisher of Modern Healthcare Magazine, also addressed the audience. We are grateful for Modern Healthcare’s support in publicizing the winners each year as our marketing sponsor.
- Trevor Walker, vice president for Human Resources at Ascension, presented the CAHME/Ascension Award for Excellence in Healthcare Leadership Development to the University of Michigan School of Public Health Master of Health Services Administration Program.
- John McWhorter, MD, Chief Operating Office of Baylor Scott & White Health, presented the CAHME/Baylor Scott & White Health Award for Excellence in Quality Improvement Education to the University of Alabama at Birmingham Master of Science in Health Administration Program.
- Debra Gillmeister, Business Development Executive, Canon Solutions America, presented the CAHME/Canon Solutions America Award for Sustainability in Healthcare Management Education and Practice to the Rush University MS in Health Systems Management Program.
Video presentations from all three winning these programs are featured on the CAHME web site.
Aramark Innovation Grant Recipients
Aramark selected four programs to receive a $4,000 CAHME/Aramark Innovation Grant. The grants were given to:
- The University of Kentucky College of Public Health for using case simulations to enhance case competition experiences for students;
- The Medical University of South Carolina, for a program in which graduate students will create and support an undergraduate case competition;
- The University of Missouri Health Management and Informatics, for developing a graduate certificate program in project management; and
- The Baylor University Robbins Institute for Health Policy and Leadership, for supporting a national case competition emphasizing financial and quantitative analysis.
Kaitlyn Chana and Kwamane Liddell were awarded the CAHME/Dawn Gideon Foundation Scholarship and the CAHME/Tim Campbell Scholarship respectively. We announced the new CAHME/Wharton Research Data Services Grant and CAHME’s newest scholarship, named in honor of Judy Baar Topinka, a pioneering leader in Illinois politics and health policy.
CAHME thanks deeply the many people and organizations who make our awards, scholarships, grants, and the annual Awards Luncheon possible. They are our partners in supporting the advancement the quality of healthcare management education.
Anthony Stanowski, DHA, FACHE
President & CEO